I recently purchased Fair and Lovely’s BB cream as I was tempted by the several promises it made and it did not cost me my entire monthly pocket money.
The purchase was made from www.daraz.com with a free foundation brush as well. Honestly I was a bit skeptical as many of the expensive products don’t live up-to their expectations so what could I expect from it. But being recommended by Anushae Khan (http://www.anushaesays.com/) and Fatima Sheikh (http://www.glossips.com/) ,renowned Pakistani beauty Bloggers, I decided to give it a try.
What it claims
1. Instant fair look
2. Coverage of dark spots and blemishes
3. Even skin tone
4. Sun protection- SPF15
5. Matte, non oily feel
Basically Fair and Lovely’s BB cream is a foundation and a fairness cream, 2 in 1. But apparently, it doesn’t have any harmful ingredients or bleach
Price– Rs 290 for 40ml
Put small amounts of the cream on your forehead, cheeks and chin and rub it gently with your fingers.
Fair and Lovely’s BB cream review
The tube looks pretty decent although it was smaller than I expected. The smell reminds me of the typical fairness creams however it did go away in 2 mins. But the sticky texture was really hard to blend and I had to use quite a lot of product. It didn’t cover my scars however it did hide some imperfections on my cheeks. Since I have a fair tone, the shade matched my skin (thank god).
1. Its cheap duh.
2. It matched my skin tone
3. Its easily available
4. It hid my eye circles
5. My mom could see that I made an effort to look good so it works.
1. It has only one shade which means that most of the people cant buy it
2. It’s hard to blend
3. It doesn’t last for more than 2 hours.
4. It doesn’t hide dark pimple scars
5. You NEED prime your skin because it will look terrible on dry skin
6. I started having more pimples after using it; don’t know whether my hormones are acting up or the chemicals
I think by investing just a bit more, you can get a better quality BB cream from Garnier which is just for Rs 700.