Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it fuels your body after 7-8 hours of starvation. This spinach omelet recipe has only 110 calories with 36% of your daily vitamin requirements and protein. This easy recipe can be made in 10 minutes and contains several health benefits.
Benefits of Spinach
A healthy and balanced breakfast should consist of components from the whole food pyramid. The various health benefits of spinach are due to the presence of minerals, vitamins, pigments, and phytonutrients, including potassium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, iron, and calcium.Spinach is a source of vitamins like folate, niacin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C etc.
- It improves eyesight
- Strengthens muscles
- Helps in bone degeneration
- Aids in preventing iron deficiencies
- Increases metabolism
- Protects skin
For more benefits visit
- ½ cup of chopped spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onions
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- Oil to fry
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- For this spinach omelet recipe, Wash the spinach with cold water and cook it on medium heat for one minute. It helps remove the crispness of the spinach leaves.
- Chop the spinach and lightly mix with some salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Let the spinach cool down and then squeeze it to drain any water or oil
- Crack an egg into a bowl and beat it properly. Put the red chili powder, milk and beat again
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat with some oil. Put in the egg mixture and mix it around with a rubber spatula
- Once the eggs sets and has a proper base, put in the spinach and onions in the middle and fold the egg on the top.
- Cook for one more minute and then it’s ready.